Kevin R. Brocks
Kevin Brocks graduated from Cornell Law School in 1980. He joined the Staff of the NYSDPS in August 1980. In March 1983, Mr. Brocks entered private practice. Mr. Brocks has been actively involved in electric industry restructuring in New York State. He has worked on a wide range of matters for water, gas, and electric utilities in a variety of jurisdictions. He has represented a number of clients in water quality and service issues.
Mr. Brocks has served as the attorney for municipalities and counties, including Planning and Zoning Boards, providing advice on zoning, environmental and ethics matters. Mr. Brocks has also represented clients before the New York State Department of Health, NYSPSC, NYSDEC, as well as federal and state courts, on a range of complex environmental, public health and enforcement matters. He currently represents the Municipal Utility Electric Association and New York Municipal Power Agency.
- Utility Rate Cases
- Local Permitting
- Renewable Energy Siting
- Municipal Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- Transmission Siting
- Administrative Law
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1980
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Class of 1975 Award
- State University of New York College, Oneonta, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1976
- Honors: Dean's List, All-American NCAA Track and Field
- New York, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- New York Municipal Power Authority
- Long Island Power Authority
- Municipal Electric Utilities Association of N.Y.